Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 has wifi but no bluetooth

Hello! Hoping someone can help me out... I recently bought a phone off of a couple that upgraded. I have not activated it on my phone plan as I really only got it to connect to the wifi in my house and sync my lifetrak heartrate/watch monitor (C400 Fit) to it. It all seemed to be working fine when I picked it up from them though I did not test the bluetooth part as I didnt have anything on me to test it with... Since I have been home it has updated and everything seems to be fine... with the exception of the bluetooth... it is NOT grayed out but it just stays in searching forever and will not find any other devices to connect to. The common complaint is that the wifi and bluetooth are grayed out. That is not my case and I cant find any help topics on it... any ideas?

Things I have done:
soft reset with power button and home button

hard reset via itunes restore

location settings on

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.6, model MD439LL/A Firmware3.0.04

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 5:43 PM

6 replies

Mar 9, 2014 5:57 PM in response to Skausalik

Actual technical information is pathetically lacking on the manufacturers website, but it appears that you don't actually pair the device with the iPhone. It looks like it uses a Bluetooth peer to peer connection, which is a slightly different animal.

From their web site: http://lifetrakusa.com/faqs/

Open the app. Go to the menu bar and select “DEVICES & APPS” Find “LifeTrak” and press connect. Then go to your activity tracker and hold START/STOP in Time mode. Both devices will now attempt to sync.

Mar 9, 2014 6:04 PM in response to KiltedTim

yup I tried that too... they advertise that it syncs with the iphone yet when i go to devices and apps the only things to choose from are the pebble smartwatch, fitbit, runkeeper, and a scale called withings. LifeTrak it's self is not in that menu! *total sad panda face* there has to be a way... I have contacted LifeTrak about it as well. I can sync the watch to my android but the app isnt avaliable for it lol so I know the watch end is working... it's just getting the Iphone to do what it is supposed to... So would you say that there is nothing wrong with my phone since the wifi works? I didnt know if the WiFi antenna and the Bluetooth antenna are the same or not... I know technically they are supposed to be 2 different things but this is my first Iphone and I admit I am clueless though pretty tech savvy

Mar 9, 2014 6:10 PM in response to Skausalik

Did you try this? This is the app they link to from their website: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id624329444?_openTime=1394413562222

If that's what you're using, then you need to contact the manufacturer. I'd say there is most likely nothing at all wrong with your phone. I see a number of reviews in the app store reporting that it apparently doesn't recognice the c4xx series devices. Probably a buggy app.

Contact the manufacturer.

Iphone 4 has wifi but no bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.