Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S queries

I'll be buying an iPhone 5S shortly. I've got two questions. First, does the champagne colour that Apple uses for advertisements the actual colour? And second, if I buy an UNLOCKED iPhone from the USA, will be able to use it in India with a local (to India) network carrier?

iPad, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 4:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 10, 2014 5:00 AM in response to Vigneshk54

Vigneshk54 wrote:

First, does the champagne colour that Apple uses for advertisements the actual colour?

Yes

Vigneshk54 wrote:

And second, if I buy an UNLOCKED iPhone from the USA, will be able to use it in India with a local (to India) network carrier?

You will not be able use 4G Network on the iPhone 5s for the Model which is designed for USA but yes if you have an unlocked iPhone 5s purchased from USA it can be used with a 3G Network but you will not get a Warranty for that in India and if you have any issue with that device you will have to send it back to USA to get the Warranty.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Mar 10, 2014 5:06 AM in response to Vigneshk54

Before you make a big mistake, do a forum search & read the posts from hundreds of users, just like you, who purchased US iPhones, for use in India, onlty to regret doing so. You'll have no warranty/support for this phone in India...no one will help you, and if you do have any issues, you'll have to physically return the phone to Apple in the US, you can't mail it. Not to mention, it won't support LTE anywhere other than North America.

It's a bad idea to purchase an iPhone in a country you don't live in or intend to use the phone in.

iPhone 5S queries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.