Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did the colors on my Mac Air go weird when I connected it to my projector after updating from SL to Mavericks?

4 days ago, I updated my iOS on my Mac Air from SL to Mavericks. I connected it up with my projector to check on a keynote presentation I was preparing. The colors on my Mac went a strange greenish hue and this was accurately mirrored through the projector onto the screen. I tried to adjust the color setting in Displays and played around with different resolutions in the vain hope that something would fix it, but nothing did. There were all these new customized color adjustments you could do which I had never seen before. I have a MBP that I hadn't (fortunately) updated and went I connected it to my projector (with which I have never had any issues with before with my two Macs), there was absolutely no problem so I know it is very definitely an issue with Mavericks. In the end, in desperation as I do a lot of presentations and I can't afford to have this happening, I erased my hard drive and restored SL from Time Machine which I had fortunately done a back up just before doing the update. I had read in some previous threads here that restoring to a previous iOS is a long and complicated process but it was fortunately not the case for me - my Time Machine did it painlessly for me. My question is - I am now too afraid to try Mavericks again - but is there an explanation why this happened to my Mac Air?

MacBook Air (11-inch Late 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 7:06 AM

There are no replies.

Why did the colors on my Mac Air go weird when I connected it to my projector after updating from SL to Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.