Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening an Outlook .PST file in Office:mac 2011

Hi,

I have plowed through discussions concerning importing Outlook Windows data files (.PST) into a Mac Office (in my case, Office:mac 2011) but I am really looking for behaviour similar to that of the Windows client. My current .PST file is located on a shared remote drive on our company network, which is backed up regularly and as I am using both the Windows and the Mac flavor, I would need the Mac version to open the PST file in a similar fashion, ie. online, and use it as my email storage box. As I understand, importing a Windows-made PST file makes local copies of the email messages and events, which would mean I would need to be importing the Windows PST file every day to have the same or similar version run on both computers.

So just to make it clear: is it possible to use the "online2 PST file with the Mac client in the same fashion as with the Windows client?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 8:44 AM

There are no replies.

Opening an Outlook .PST file in Office:mac 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.