Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 Freezes on "Purchased" music in the iTunes Store.

My iPad 2(Newest IOS) will not load myat the purchased history to redownload content from the cloud. When I click on the "purchased" tab at the lower right, it just locks up on the spinning "wheel" in the center of the screen and I am unable to click on all other tabs.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 9:59 AM

12 replies

Mar 10, 2014 10:03 AM in response to tknopf

Have you tried closing the iTunes store app via the multitasking bar and seeing if it works when you re-open it ? Double-click the home button to open the taskbar, and then swipe or drag the iTunes app's screen from there up and off the top of the screen to close it, and click the home button to close the taskbar.

If that doesn't fix it then you could try a soft-reset of your iPad : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Apr 11, 2014 2:57 AM in response to tknopf

I thought I was the only one with this problem. I think the best is to sit right and wait for an iOS update. Also, I've noticed that some music/albums doesn't show as "previously purchased" anymore and I'd have to buy it again if I want it. Those are just selected albums but not all. Anyway, good to know it's just an iOS bug then, I hope it will be fixed.

Apr 18, 2014 9:29 AM in response to David Whiteman1

Same here. The iTunes Store app on my iPad 2 freezes upon launch. Tried quitting from the Task bar and then full reboot of iPad. No help. Tried selecting any other tabs- i.e. Music, Movies, TV shows, etc. but app is totally frozen.

But same app on my iPhone 5S works fine. Almost certainly something on Apple's end, but it would be nice if it got fixed.

Dave

Apr 24, 2014 2:38 AM in response to tknopf

Having the same issue here on my ipad Mini (iOS7.1), although after I waited about 2 minutes, and trying to press the other tabs (downloads, music, etc) it started to jump to those tabs, then got stuck again. Seems like it's the connection to iCloud. I also often have the problem that it takes ages to sync my iTunes Match.

iPad 2 Freezes on "Purchased" music in the iTunes Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.