Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1 can't connect to iTunes

iOS 7.1 was released today, so I upgraded my iPhone 5. It was connected to iTunes on my Macbook Pro, but as soon as I went in there on iTunes to manage the phone/sync/etc, the connection dropped and I have been unable to get it back.

I am using iTunes version 11.5.5 (5) and iOS 7.1. MacOS is 10.9.2 and Software Update and the Apps Store are not reporting any available updates.

I asked on an internal iPhone user's mailing list at work and one person said he was prompted to trust the Mac he was connecting to, and I believe he had a similar prompt on his Mac. I got no such prompt.

I've restarted iTunes

Rebooted the Macbook Pro

Restarted the iPhone

None of these helped. Wifi is working fine - I'm connected via wifi using phone, this macbook pro and a laptop PC with no problems.

What can I do?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3, 32GB

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 1:06 PM

8 replies

Mar 10, 2014 2:03 PM in response to Finest.Royalty

Mine said that too, but it wasn't connecting via the cable.

Well I found the problem. My iPhone is in a Mophie external battery case and I was using that cable through the battery to connect. Removed the case and used the Apple cable supplied with the phone and it worked.

Looks like the Mophie cord is only good for charging the battery and phone. Maybe I needed to RTFM.

Anyway, that was my problem.

Mar 12, 2014 10:43 AM in response to dmccoy2

I'm still having a problem. Using all APple products, software, hardware, cables, etc., All updates on all software. All hardware, routers, etc. hard rebooted, disconnected, reconnected. Firewall checked (even turned completely off). Logged out and in of iTunes account, deauthorized and reauthorized, etc.

iTunes doesn't see any devices (there are four) and my iPhone doesn't see my computer, whether connected directly or simply charging.

There's nothing i can think of that I haven't reset except a complete nuisance reset on the iPhone of all settings.

Any other suggestions before I flip the switch?

Mar 13, 2014 12:21 PM in response to MrsSpooky

Thanks. Three Apple iPhone cables later (circumstantially a long one), upgrade to 7.1, reset all settings, five hours and some intervention from powers elsewhere in the universe and magically, one time it connected to iTunes. No reason discerned as to why the other several score times didn't work.

There was clearly a bug -- the phone recognized the SIM card carrier, but couldn't get a signal (in the middle of the city!). After all the resets, all is well. But what a pain.

iOS 7.1 can't connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.