Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync freezes on a different song each time.

Hi everyone,

My iPod (80gb 6th Gen) worked fine up until a few weeks ago. I tried to re-sync the ipod with iTunes, and the sync froze on a song. iTunes popped up the error message "<ipod name> could not be read from or written to".

I've tried a few fixes: Checked the firmware is up to date, deleted and re-installed itunes, checked and unchecked enable disk use. I have tried different ipod cables, even a powered docking station, all the different USB/firewire ports.

All to no avail.

Everytime, iTunes recognises my iPod and the iPod shows up on my desktop (i'm using a mid 2007 imac, running Mavericks - no particular updates or changes since the ipod worked last). Sync begins as usual, and then midway through will randomly stop on a different song everytime.

iTunes will either pop up with the "<ipod name> could not be read from or written to" message, or just hang and needs to be forced to quit.

Help!!

iPod classic, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 12:32 PM

There are no replies.

Sync freezes on a different song each time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.