Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CANNOT INSTALL ITUNES EVER SINCE LAST UPDATE

I HAVE DONE ALL OF THESE STEPS OVER AND OVER AND TO NO AVAIL. EVER SINCE LAST UPDATE, NO FUNCTIONAL ITUNES ON ANY OF MY WINDOWS 7 PRO COMPUTERS. IF I DON'T GET HELP SOON WITH THIS FROM SUPPORT, I WILL GET RID OF IPHONE & REMOVE ITUNES FROM MY DEVICES. I HAVE ALSO TURNED OFF MY ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL DURING THE PROCESSES AND AM LOGGED IN AS THE FULL WINDOWS 7 PRO 64BIT "ADMINISTRATOR".

ITUNES WAS WORKING JUST FINE UNTIL THIS HAPPENED AFTER THE UPGRADE FAILED.

iTunes 11.1.4 for Windows: Unable to install or open

Symptoms

Some Windows customers may experience installation issues while trying to install or open iTunes 11.1.4.

Symptoms may include:
"The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer"
"iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (Windows Error 126)”
"Runtime Error: R6034 - An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly"
"Entry point not found: videoTracks@QTMovie@@QBE?AV?$Vector@V?$RefPtr@VQTTrack@@@***@@$0A@VCrashOnOverf low@@***@@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\WebKit.dll”

Resolution

These behaviors can occur if the iTunes installer has insufficient privileges to cleanly update iTunes. To resolve the issue, remove iTunes thoroughly, and then give the iTunes installer administrator privileges.

Follow these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Remove iTunes and related components from the Control Panel

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order. Then, restart your computer:
1.iTunes
2.Apple Software Update
3.Apple Mobile Device Support
4.Bonjour
5.Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Important: Uninstalling these components in a different order, or only uninstalling some of these components, may have unintended affects.

If you encounter an error while uninstalling, try repairing the affected component:

2. Verify iTunes and related components are completely uninstalled

In most cases, removing iTunes and its related components from the Control Panel will remove all supporting files belonging to those programs. To fully resolve these issues, manually remove any remaining iTunes-related folders listed below.

On 32-bit and 64-bit systems:

◾C:\Program Files\Bonjour
◾C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support
◾C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support
◾C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\CoreFP
◾C:\Program Files\iTunes\
◾C:\Program Files\iPod\
Note: Follow the additional steps at the end of this article if you receive the alert "Cannot delete iPodService.exe: It is being used by another person or program" when trying to delete this folder. Some of the folders above may not be found on all systems.

On 64-bit systems:

◾C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour
◾C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support
◾C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support
◾C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\CoreFP
◾C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\
◾C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\

Note: Follow the additional steps at the end of this article if you receive the alert "Cannot delete iPodService.exe: It is being used by another person or program" when trying to delete this folder. Some of the folders above may not be found on all systems.

3. Reboot your computer.

4. Download the iTunes installer. When prompted to select what you want to do, choose to save it to your computer.

5. Install iTunes.

◾Right click on iTunesSetup or iTunes64Setup.
◦Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: Select the 'Run as administrator' option.
◦Windows XP: Select the Open option.

◾Finish installing iTunes.

Important: Mention of third-party websites and products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance or use of information or products found at third-party websites. Apple provides this only as a convenience to our users. Apple has not tested the information found on these sites and makes no representations regarding its accuracy or reliability. There are risks inherent in the use of any information or products found on the Internet, and Apple assumes no responsibility in this regard. Please understand that a third-party site is independent from Apple and that Apple has no control over the content on that website. Please contact the vendor for additional information.

Last Modified: Feb 5, 2014

Windows 7, WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL, 64BIT

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 2:49 PM

12 replies

Mar 10, 2014 3:18 PM in response to b noir

Yes the Apple Mobile Device Service error occurs and cannot be started due to administrative permission issues??? And then if I tell it to ignore, I get more errors later (error 7) when I try to install. And APSDAEMON ERROR when windows restarts, and the Error 7 error as well???? I have done this so many time and it never works???

Sincerely,

Paul

Mar 10, 2014 3:20 PM in response to petsdvm

Yes the Apple Mobile Device Service error occurs and cannot be started due to administrative permission issues??? And then if I tell it to ignore, I get more errors later (error 7) when I try to install. And APSDAEMON ERROR when windows restarts, and the Error 7 error as well????

🙂 Many thanks.

First try updating to iTunes 11.1.5.5, using an installer downloaded from the Apple website:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If you still get the errors after that, try the following user tip:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

Mar 10, 2014 3:50 PM in response to b noir

Nothing wrong with download. I download to my desktop and install with the "run as administrator" right click option. Everything works fine with install until it get to the starting services part and then lockup with this error:

Service "Apple Mobile Device" (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

If I click Abort, all ends

If I click Retry, nothing changes

If I click Ignore, I get failure messages later and iTunes does not work. Also messages about iTunes helper not installed correctly???

Tried it again just now and still failed same way.

Mar 10, 2014 4:45 PM in response to b noir

I just decided to download the older version 11.1.3.8 from http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php and all went just fine. OBVIOUSLY THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS VERSION OF iTunes ???? I turned off automatic downloading of new version now on my Windows PCs.

PROBLEM IS NOT RESOLVED AS I STILL CANNOT MOVE FOREWARD WITH UPDATED VERSIONS OF ITUNES NOW AS OF 3-10-14.

CANNOT INSTALL ITUNES EVER SINCE LAST UPDATE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.