Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing audio files after transferring projects to new mac

After spending ages meticulously transfering project files from my MacBook to a new iMac I see that the audio files have not automatically found their home and now need to be individually loacted within each open project... which will take quintuple ages to do... agghhh!! What to do?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), LogiSpectrasonics, NI, IK, stuff...

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 3:42 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2014 2:46 PM in response to alex hall

(sorry so late but) I'm having same difficulty migrating Logic X from MacBook & Mountain Lion to iMac & Mavericks. Many aif files, old Logic songs and several exe samples did not migrate. I'm finding problems then copying by hand from old mac to new with a memory stick.

Part of the problem is I've had Logic for years. If I drop a song from Logic 7 onto the Logic X icon, it will at least open the midi info so I can reuse it. I have many such old songs which contain valuable work, but it skipped those titles (evidently the ones with old or no suffix) when transferring to the new mac.

I guess the mac thinks those songs are unusable but I don't understand why it skipped any aif files.

Missing audio files after transferring projects to new mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.