Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 7.1 dark keyboard?

hi,

Today i updated my iPhone 5s to the new IOS 7.1, so far so good, extremely fast..but there is no "dark keyboard" option under "Accessibility".

Any idas? Bug, or it's just simply not an option in 5s-s, only in older devices?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 6:35 PM

29 replies

Mar 10, 2014 7:48 PM in response to bAt0m

Same here I'm not convinced to upgrade my Iphone not just quite yet. Not convinced after checking around that indeed there was a dark keyboard during beta testing and SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN REMOVED! not impressed at all Apple I hope somebody jail breaks IOS 7.1 and brings this back! I'm a legally blind person who is writing this post don't get me wrong admit it apple you can do better than that!

Mar 10, 2014 8:48 PM in response to bAt0m

My 5s is missing the dark keyboard option too, as well as some of the other new settings. My iPad 3 is the same way, so I doubt it's because it is new device. If Apple did do that, they would probably leave certain features off of the older devices and not the newer ones. I called Apple about this issue, which I knew would be a waste of time. After being transferred around, I lastly spoke to a lady who didn't even know what 7.1 was and had no clue what I was talking about. I got frustrated and just said forget it. I tried restoring my devices and installing the new update through my computer, but that didn't work. No idea what's going on but it is certainly disappointing to see the direction apple seems to be headed regarding their software. Never experienced such issues in the past years.

Mar 11, 2014 9:37 AM in response to KiltedTim

The feature was announced by apple. If you read under "what's included in this update" before installing, it said it in there. One of the customer support representatives I spoke with also confirmed this before transferring me along to others that were of no help. Also, Some people are posting online about now having this option.

Mar 11, 2014 10:00 AM in response to KiltedTim

Like I said, before performing the update it was in the list on the device under "included in this update". There is no link that I know of, and I'm not searching for it if there is. If you want to see this, find a device that hasn't yet been updated and click to see the list of features before updating. A representative also confirmed this in an online chat session I was having with him, but I don't have a copy of that either. There were a few other things on that list that weren't actually included in the update either, which I don't feel like getting into. Apple screwed up. Plain and simple.

Mar 11, 2014 10:28 AM in response to KiltedTim

How am I mistaken? Look under Accessibility in the link you just posted from Apple:

• Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator, and many icon glyphs
  • Reduce Motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations

Those two options are not available on my devices at least. You just posted it yourself. Why are you continuing to try to argue this fact?

Mar 11, 2014 10:34 AM in response to soco345

Ummm... what, exactly is missing?

Read them again.

"Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator an dmany icon glyphs"

That does NOT imply that there is a separate setting for the keyboard. It means that when you choose the bold font option, those items will be affected where they were not before.

Likewise the next point: "Reduce motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations."

That means they are affected when you choose that option. Not that they get their own options.

There is absolutely NOTHING there about a "dark keyboard" option.

ios 7.1 dark keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.