Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't select Repair Disk

So earlier today I got a grey screen and finally managed to install Snowleopard like I have been advised. I have gone to disk utilities but I cannot select Repair Disk, Repair Disk Permissions, Verify Disk, or Verify Disk Permissions as they are greyed out.Am I at risk of deleting data? How can I proceed or allow myself to select Repair Disk? I am none too tech savvy so any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Nothing appears in the box to select either. Thank you ahead of time!

MacBook Pro, computer is about four years old.

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 6:53 PM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2014 7:11 PM in response to solarpowered

Those options are not avialable in 10.6 for whole Drives (selected by Hardware_name)

Try selecting the Volume (e.g., Macintosh HD or whatever you named it instead) and the reults will be different.

However, you cannot ( Repair Disk ) the same Volume you booted from -- you must boot to an alternate source (such as the DVD) and use its Utilities to repair the Hard drive.

Can't select Repair Disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.