Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1 issue with trusting computer

Just updated to ios7.1. i am running latest itunes. When i plug iphone 5s into computer, it over and over again asks me to trust the computer. It's not even recognized in itunes. anybody else have this issue?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 7:50 PM

2 replies

Mar 11, 2014 1:53 AM in response to zonerohio

I turned off Home Sharing in iTunes and on my iPhone. Then I restarted my iMac and my iPhone, I restarted iTunes, and I reconnected my iPhone to my iMac via the USB cable. I was asked again to grant access to my iPhone, and the iPhone asked again whether I trusted my iMac. I clicked on Continue on the iMac and then on Trust on the iPhone, I heard a second beep from the iPhone, and then the iPhone appeared listed as a device in iTunes. I didn't get the error message ( 'ITunes could not connect to this iPhone...') again. Then I turned on Home Sharing again. It seems to be working fine so far.

iOS 7.1 issue with trusting computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.