Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Email on ios Devices after icloud install

I installed icloud on my PC, now I am unable to get any email from my icloud account on my ipad or ipod. I am able to see new email on PC at icloud.com. The IPAD and IPOD are "unable to connect to server". Email on both ipad and ipod worked before icloud. Any suggestions on how to fix my ios devices is appreciated.

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 7:21 PM

12 replies

Mar 10, 2014 8:02 PM in response to wonder4l2

If this is an iCloud email account, go to Settings>iCloud, turn Mail off, then after a few seconds turn it back on again and test the email account.

If it still isn't working, save your photo stream photos to your camera roll, then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide your password and choose Delete from My iPad (iPod) when prompted, then after 30 seconds or so, sign back in. Test your email agian. (This deletes the account and iCloud data from your device but not from iCloud. Your data will download to your device again when you sign back in.)

Mar 12, 2014 7:00 PM in response to wonder4l2

These are Apple's troubleshooting steps for this (from http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4002). Try going through any of them you haven't already tried:

1. Check the System Status page to find out whether any known issues are affecting iCloud Mail.
  2. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet: try opening a webpage such as apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. Go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC to verify that you can receive email for your iCloud account.
  4. Make sure that Mail is turned on in Settings > iCloud.
  5. Make sure that Push is turned on for your device in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data. Then send an email to your account to verify that Push is working correctly.
  6. Make sure that Push is turned on for your iCloud account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data. If you're using iOS 6, tap Advanced. Then Tap your iCloud account and make sure that Push is turned on. If you have multiple iCloud Mail accounts set up on your device, Push can be used only with one account at a time. Make sure that Push is turned on for your primary iCloud Mail account.
  7. Turn your device off and back on.

If the issue persists, turn off each of the settings in steps 4, 5, and 6 above, then turn them back on. If that does not help, follow these instructions to delete the iCloud account from your device, then add the account back:

1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
  2. Tap your iCloud account.
  3. Tap Delete Account. If you store Contacts, Calendar, or Bookmarks data in iCloud, you will be given the option to keep that data.
  4. On the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars screen, tap Add Account, then tap iCloud to begin setting up your iCloud account again. If data from your device is stored in iCloud, you will be given the option to merge that data with the data on your device.

Mar 14, 2014 10:23 PM in response to randers4

Thanks for replying. I have followed every step/suggestion still no email loading on my ipad or ipod.

I have deleted icloud off all of my devices, reinstalled on just my ipad and still it is not receiving any email.

- From a PC, I can send to my .me.com address, log onto icloud.com and the email is there

- From my IPAD, I am still getting the "Cannot Get Mail: The connection to the server failed" response

- IPOD, I have not reinitiated icloud (didn't want to add any additional complexity)

No Email on ios Devices after icloud install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.