Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seperate my icloud email from my apple ID

I have two iphones. I use one for business and the other for personal. I have one set up to use my icloud email that I use for business and the other is using my apple ID. I want to be able to sync my contacts seperatly between the devices not combine them. Right now my contacts are turned off because my apple id has a lot of contacts that I dont want in my business phone. However I do want those contact to sync automatically to my ipad. Can I seperate my icloud email account from the associated apple ID? I can not lose the email because I now have business cards with the email on it.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2, Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 7:37 PM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2014 8:12 PM in response to Essential Element

No, you can't move an iCloud email account to another ID. However, you can add the iCloud account that your business phone is using as a second ("secondary") iCloud account on your iPad and turn contacts syncing on in the secondary account. Then your business contacts will be accessible on your iPad without having your personal contacts from your iPad merging with your business contacts (i.e., the primary and secondary accounts on the iPad will remain separated).

To do this, on your iPad go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Add Account>iCloud, sign in with the iCloud ID you are using on your Business phone and turn Contacts on in this secondary account. Your business contacts will then appear alongside your personal contacts on your iPad but they will remain separated.

Similarly, if you wanted to access your personal contacts on your business phone with having them combine, you could also add your personal iCloud account as a secondary account on your business phone and turn on contacts syncing in the secondary account.

Seperate my icloud email from my apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.