Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop calling siri when my iPhone is in my Pocket? Disable Home Button feature.

I have a problem when I put my iPhone 5c in my Pocket. It is embarassing to call someone and they pick up to find out your phone is in your pants...

Everytime the home button is held down, even inadvertently, you begin to talk to Siri. So far I turned off siri, but voice contol is still activated. However, I learned voice control is even worse, if it decides you asked to start playing loud music. This could be very unfortunate in certain circumstances.

I'm sure someone knows an easy fix for this, I never had this problem on my iPhone 4, which didn't have Siri. 😕

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 3:46 PM

I found a good feature from another discussion board. You don't have to disable Siri.

In settings go to Passcode, after entering the passcode you turn off the setting for Siri Off... yes this is under "ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED". However, you have to set "Require Passcode" to immediately so that the phone is locked immediately after turning the phone to sleep.

So here it is if you couldn't follow my jargon.

1) Leave Siri on (if you like)

2) Setting -> Passcode Lock -> Enter Passcode -> Siri (Toggle Off)

3) Setting -> Passcode Lock -> Enter Passcode (not applicable if you followed step 2) -> Require Passcode -> Immediately (Check)

This works great. Thanks go out to sf56 for solving this issue... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5640500

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2014 3:46 PM in response to leiffromca

I found a good feature from another discussion board. You don't have to disable Siri.

In settings go to Passcode, after entering the passcode you turn off the setting for Siri Off... yes this is under "ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED". However, you have to set "Require Passcode" to immediately so that the phone is locked immediately after turning the phone to sleep.

So here it is if you couldn't follow my jargon.

1) Leave Siri on (if you like)

2) Setting -> Passcode Lock -> Enter Passcode -> Siri (Toggle Off)

3) Setting -> Passcode Lock -> Enter Passcode (not applicable if you followed step 2) -> Require Passcode -> Immediately (Check)

This works great. Thanks go out to sf56 for solving this issue... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5640500

How do I stop calling siri when my iPhone is in my Pocket? Disable Home Button feature.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.