Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 4 ios 7.1 missing animation

i recently updated my ipad 4 to ios 7.1 and when i did, i noticed that when i double click the home button or do the five finger swipe, which brings me to the recent apps open, and so then i noticed that there is not the animation i used to have before, i have enabled reduce motion on it and now when i go to the recent apps on my ipad 4, it is laggy and stutters because the animation is missing. i know the animation is missing because i put the same settings on my ipad mini retina and iphone 5 with the same settings, and i double checked that the animation is there, but it isnt on the ipad 4. please help or confirm this is true? and i hope apple fixes this issue in a future update and improves more speed enhancements and features.

iOS 7.1, ipad 4

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 8:53 PM

17 replies

Mar 11, 2014 8:36 AM in response to butterflys150

Hello butterflys150.

Go to Setting>General>Accessibilty>Reduce Motion>Parallax Effect

Toggle on the Parallax Effect and you will have your animation back to normal.

Not having Parallax Effect saves your consumption of battery, so I personally do not use the Parallax Effect Accessory.

I do have an iPad 4 and yes, the option is there. Just do the steps I told you above.

Thanks,

Jarlath

Mar 14, 2014 3:34 PM in response to sctek

Yeah I'm noticing a ton of issues with lag performing various basic functions. The more significant ones being the pass code unlock and the animation issue with viewing open apps. The pass code unlock sits there for 2-4 seconds to the point of me wondering if I didn't hit the last number correctly or something. I'm overall having lag switching between any even when not at that screen. I'm someone that never has more than 3 apps open at a time and has never damaged their device.

Apr 23, 2014 2:56 AM in response to noremacniai

I guess we're dealing with the results of installing an update from Apple even though we didn't have any problem with the previous version.

If they fix this in the future, I'll never update the OS unless I have a problem with the version I'm using. It's a shame that Apple doesn't allow installing an older version of the OS. I'd delete this piece of crap and go back to 7.0😠

Ipad 4 ios 7.1 missing animation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.