Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad will not charge

my ipad will not charge

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 9:03 PM

2 replies

Mar 13, 2014 1:36 PM in response to rachelmartin40

Hello rachelmartin40,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1595/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

chapter 3 page 35

Charge and monitor the battery

iPad has an internal, lithium-ion rechargeable battery. For more information about the battery—including tips for maximizing battery life—see www.apple.com/batteries.

WARNING: For important safety information about the battery and charging iPad, see Important safety information on page 128.

Charge the battery. The best way to charge the iPad battery is to connect iPad to a power outlet using the included cable and USB power adapter.

iPad may also charge slowly when you connect it to a USB 2.0 port on your computer. If your Mac or PC doesn’t provide enough power to charge iPad, a “Not Charging” message appears in the status bar.

Important: The iPad battery may drain instead of charge if iPad is connected to a computer that’s turned off or is in sleep or standby mode, to a USB hub, or to the USB port on a keyboard.

Have a nice day,

Mario

May 13, 2014 7:20 AM in response to mario49

Our iPad retina display will not charge.

We are using an 10w charger plugged into the power point.

We have tried 'hard starting'. Pushing the two buttons together - this brings it alive for a second so we can see a battery with a flashing red stripe, the power cord and the lightning bolt, which gave us hope that it might be charging. But 15 mins later still nothing more.

It is charged regularly but my son realised 2 days ago that it was no longer charging at all, and it eventually lost all charged and won't charge,

We are using apple chargers, apple cords. The apple cord is less than a month old as I just replaced it. (There is a fair trading complaint there).

ipad will not charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.