Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I permanently delete my photos in iPhoto from my computer?

I have a ton of photos in my iPhoto, a lot of them are duplicates. I want to permanently delete them from my computer.

When I am in my iPhoto, and I select a photo and click delete, does this delete it permantly from my computer, or just from my iPhoto library? How can I delete them permanently?

Please note I understand that after I delete things I need to empty my trash, that's not my question.

iPhoto '11

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 10:15 PM

1. IPhoto only manages photos within iPhoto. Any photo that is outside of the iPhoto library is your responsibility. IPhoto knows nothing about them and never does anything with them in any way

2 to delete a photo in iPhoto select it in an event or in photos view, press the delete key, empty the iPhoto trash and empty the system trash

LN

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2014 10:15 PM in response to hotcoldspicy

1. IPhoto only manages photos within iPhoto. Any photo that is outside of the iPhoto library is your responsibility. IPhoto knows nothing about them and never does anything with them in any way

2 to delete a photo in iPhoto select it in an event or in photos view, press the delete key, empty the iPhoto trash and empty the system trash

LN

How do I permanently delete my photos in iPhoto from my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.