Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hey i had some songs sent to me via email and when i download them for some reason they will not sync to my iTunes and its just this album all my other songs download and go to my iTunes library immediately but this album is only saved on my desktop

the music can be played from my desktop but im not sure what it is using because its not iTunes the songs wont sync to iTunes at all and these are the only songs i have this issue with.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 7:08 AM

Usually the icon on a file will provide indication of hte application used to open it. Highlight the file in Finder and Get Info on it. It should say what is used to open it.

iTunes will not play all file formats. Even some formats such as mp3 which it should in theory play it will not play all versions of the format. Those mp3s may play okay in Quicktime but the file has some small aspect to it which iTunes will not recognize.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2014 7:08 AM in response to tiara.easley

Usually the icon on a file will provide indication of hte application used to open it. Highlight the file in Finder and Get Info on it. It should say what is used to open it.

iTunes will not play all file formats. Even some formats such as mp3 which it should in theory play it will not play all versions of the format. Those mp3s may play okay in Quicktime but the file has some small aspect to it which iTunes will not recognize.

hey i had some songs sent to me via email and when i download them for some reason they will not sync to my iTunes and its just this album all my other songs download and go to my iTunes library immediately but this album is only saved on my desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.