Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is half my wallpaper dark now?

I created a custom wallpaper for myself that is a photo collage of my daughter. It's 12 photos in a grid with a black box with white text in the middle. It's been my wallpaper for a few weeks now.

Today, after upgrading to iOS 7.1, there is a darkened area at the top of the screen on both the lock and home screens. I honestly thought there was something wrong with the screen at first, but no, this seems to be something iOS 7.1 is adding in over my photos. It only seems to occur on certain pictures.

Can anyone help me figure out how to circumvent this "feature," or at least help me figure out when it's going to happen?

For reference, it does not matter if parallax is on or off, nor does it matter if the perspective shift is togglesd on or off. Same crappy overlay behind the clock, and same ugly result.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 12:28 AM

9 replies

Mar 23, 2014 7:04 AM in response to Megaemperor

Megaemperor - i'm not calling you a liar, but i am going to say that i don't believe your comment. I believe this is what you were told, BUT i don't believe Apple. A FEATURE is something that happens consistantely all the time or in this case on EVERY wallpaper. From my experieces at least it only happens on like 2-3 of my 77 or so wallpapers. Thus i don't believe it's a feature, but a BUG.

Why is half my wallpaper dark now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.