Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pass code for power button

i goy my phone stolen yesterday and the thief rapidly turn off the phone ,so i coulnt track it down with find my iphone.is there any way or app to make the lock screen code before you can turn off the phone?what about the sim card ,if the thief took it off,would that mean the phone is untrackable and ready to resale?is there any way other than super glue the sim card door?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 1:31 AM

You cannot passcode the power off process.

If your phone is running iOS 7.x and has the iCloud Find My iPhone Activation Lock activated, the phone will be useless to any thief, as they won't be able to restore it and use it without your iCloud username and password.

You did setup Find my iPhone on it, didn't you?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2014 1:31 AM in response to nikwave

You cannot passcode the power off process.

If your phone is running iOS 7.x and has the iCloud Find My iPhone Activation Lock activated, the phone will be useless to any thief, as they won't be able to restore it and use it without your iCloud username and password.

You did setup Find my iPhone on it, didn't you?

Mar 11, 2014 1:49 AM in response to nikwave

yes i had find my iphone set up,and sreen pass code and it did showed up in the map in the middle of the night 15 miles away on a parking lot and then it went offline again.i wish it could be tracked even without the battery.

is there anything else i can do security-wise with my next phone im picking up tomorrow?thanks!

Mar 11, 2014 12:29 PM in response to nikwave

i wish it could be tracked even without the battery.

Unfortunately, electronic devices that work without power have not been invented yet.

is there anything else i can do security-wise with my next phone im picking up tomorrow?

Setup Find my iPhone again, and take extra care when using it in public places where it can easily be snatched.

pass code for power button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.