Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Voice Dialling 7.1

Anyone has an idea how I can disable voice dialing from the lock screen on 7.1?

It used to be under security (passcode) but the option has vanished in 7.1

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 3:16 AM

Hello

I just updated my Iphone 5 to iOS 7.1.

When my iphone is in my pocket I activate voice control all the time by mistake and so I call random people all the time.

I just really want to turn voice dialing off, until iOS 7.1 I fixed this problem by going to settings-->general-->pass code lock on-->turn off voice dial

But now when I wanna do the same there's no option anymore to turn voice dial off...

Can anybody help me?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

This solved my question by pesun on Mar 12, 2014 1:20 AM

User uploaded file

solved, it just deleted my settings with the iOS 7.1 update.

1. Turn Siri on --> settings --> general --> Siri

2. (just for the case you deactivated Siri here, not sure if you need to do that)

settings --> general --> restrictions --> Siri on

3. settings --> passcode --> Turn Passcode on --> Allow Access when Locked --> Siri OFF

and it works better than before since you can't activate Voice Control anymore when your iPhone is locked...

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2014 3:16 AM in response to Magi14

Hello

I just updated my Iphone 5 to iOS 7.1.

When my iphone is in my pocket I activate voice control all the time by mistake and so I call random people all the time.

I just really want to turn voice dialing off, until iOS 7.1 I fixed this problem by going to settings-->general-->pass code lock on-->turn off voice dial

But now when I wanna do the same there's no option anymore to turn voice dial off...

Can anybody help me?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

This solved my question by pesun on Mar 12, 2014 1:20 AM

User uploaded file

solved, it just deleted my settings with the iOS 7.1 update.

1. Turn Siri on --> settings --> general --> Siri

2. (just for the case you deactivated Siri here, not sure if you need to do that)

settings --> general --> restrictions --> Siri on

3. settings --> passcode --> Turn Passcode on --> Allow Access when Locked --> Siri OFF

and it works better than before since you can't activate Voice Control anymore when your iPhone is locked...

Mar 12, 2014 4:47 AM in response to woutfromnull

Thanks, this solved the problem, though for the life of me I can't understand why I have to turn Siri on to do this (she doesn't understand my native language and I find it silly to talk to my phone in a foreign one). I guess this is a bug, since people with iphone 4 (and without Siri) cannot turn off voice dialling anymore.

May 15, 2014 7:48 PM in response to Magi14

As a farmer I simply want a phone for calls and internet. I don't want the phone making random call calls on my behalf without my knowledge!eg. Voice control.

I Don't want /need Siri .

And, MOST definitely i do not want to have to unlock the phone to access it, if I lose my phone on our farm no one is ever likely too see it again!!!

Please help

Sep 3, 2015 2:57 AM in response to Magi14

If you have an iPhone 4 (not 4s) and the latest iOS 7, it appears that you CANNOT disable voice control. This has been done for one of two reasons:

1) A mistake: Apple engineers did not consider someone might still have an iPhone 4 model (they cannot run Siri).

2) Exploitation: Apple intentionally made this annoying feature so that you would upgrade.

Either way, it is exceptionally bad. Given that having a setting to turn off voice control is so fundamentally important because it is so easily activated with the phone in your pocket, and Apple do not usually make such basic mistakes, I would cynically think option 2, which is diabolical of Apple. If not the case then where is the little update to correct this???

I had my little son on my knee this morning and my phone decided to phone someone. Just switched over from Android yesterday. I have been let down already. Shame on you, Apple.

Sep 3, 2015 3:04 AM in response to Gemiak

Is locking the phone such a problem? You just need a thumb to unlock. Put the simplest passcode in e.g. same four numbers. Click, swipe, tap, tap, tap, tap. Job done all with one finger, and you do not need to do it to answer a call.

However, it won't help you to turn off voice control if you have an iPhone 4 and latest iOS 7. Voice control is activated when the home button is held down (by the keys, wallet, torch, or the other million things you might have in your pocket as a farmer).

Disable Voice Dialling 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.