Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 3 4g LTE - I feel fooled!

Hi all,

I bought my iPad 3 in Bahrain 2 years ago. It was advertising as Wifi + 4g ! I bough it immidiately as I was thinking - "Lets buy this thing to be future proof", as in that time there was only 3G here.

Few months ago, providers slowly introduced 4G here, and then I found out that iPad 3 is not 4G!!!! I have realised that its only 4g in USA on selected networks?????

What is that?I really feel fulled by Apple???

Anyoune alse had the same issue worldwide?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 3:46 AM

1 reply

Mar 11, 2014 3:53 AM in response to Bobansky

The specs for the iPad 3 are clear - perhaps you didn;t read them. The same was also true of 3G - different 3G frequencies and technologies were used for years. I think you had a completely unrealistic expectation when you thought to buy a "future proof" piece of technology. There is no such thing.

If you look through the forums here - and elsewhere for that matter - most everyone always recommends buying iDevices in the market they will be used for this reason and that of warranty coverage.

ipad 3 4g LTE - I feel fooled!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.