Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I switch off "voice dialling" when the iPhone is locked? IOS 7.1, iPhone 4

I have just updated and the first thing I want to do is turn off the voice dialling feature when the phone is locked. It's so sensitive! The option to turn it on/off was on the "passcode" section in the settings menu before this update. Anyone know where it is now? Or if it exists still? Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 4:56 AM

6 replies

Mar 13, 2014 12:40 PM in response to rommy88

Hey rommy88,

Thanks for the question. You are correct, the option to disable Voice Dial is located in Settings > Passcode (before iOS 7.1, it was located in Settings > General > Passcode). You can also choose to disable Siri access from the lock screen:

Siri settings - iPhone

http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/#/iph634dd0e14

Prevent access to Siri when iPhone is locked. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (iPhone 5s) or Settings > Passcode (other models). You can also disable Siri by turning on restrictions. See Restrictions.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Mar 18, 2014 10:12 AM in response to matt00

I cannot switch off my voice dial control, it is drivng me mad, as dials people when I dont want it to, before the update you could switch this function off, now it is nowhere to be seen, somthing as simple as not haveing this should be easy for the likes of an iphone, but oh no you make it worse when an update is added. I have turned siri off but it still voice dials!!!!

Sep 3, 2015 3:32 AM in response to rommy88

To date, you CANNOT turn off voice control on an iPhone 4 with latest iOS 7 (you can with 4s using Siri settings) .

With the phone home button pressed against something (e.g. in your pocket), it WILL accidentally voice dial or perform some other unwanted feature. I can only suggest you experiment with a screen cover so that the home buttom becomes more recessed or a stiffish slide in cover sleeve ('sock') for the phone that serves to shield the home button from other objects. Do NOT fit the little home button protector that sometimes comes with some screen protectors as this just makes the button more proud and so more easily pressed.

Where is the update for the voice control on/off setting, Apple? So basic... one might think they have done it on purpose so you upgrade.

How do I switch off "voice dialling" when the iPhone is locked? IOS 7.1, iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.