Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virgin Superhub 2, extending wifi signal

I have a Virgin Superhub 2 transmitting both 2.4g and 5g. The hub is in the front room so I can hardwire my Apple TV, PS4, Tivo etc. My problem is poor Wifi signal in the rear of the house. Whats my best options in extending my signal? Would using a Time capusle reduce my Wifi speeds? Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 4:40 AM

3 replies

Mar 11, 2014 1:48 PM in response to Luke 73

You cannot extend wireless using an apple router unless it is extending from another apple router. It is entirely proprietary system.

You can use EOP (homeplug in some markets) adapters and setup a TC as a bridge device and create another network.. or even better run ethernet between the TC and the superhub. But for wireless extend.. nope .. won't work.

Mar 13, 2014 2:34 AM in response to Luke 73

If I was to set TC as bridge device would I lose wifi speed?

No, the link is ethernet between superhub and TC.. so there is no loss of speed.

its best to have the Superhub 2 in modem only mode and use TC and possibly an Extreme to extend my wifi network. This would work out quite expensive though.

IMHO it is not as good as ethernet.. which wins every time.. but running ethernet may be expensive.

Virgin Superhub 2, extending wifi signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.