Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing video on TV from iPhone WITHOUT mirroring so I can still see playlists. Can this be done?

Hi. I need to be able to play videos from IPod or iPhone onto a TV via AV cables without mirroring the device

I would like to be able to still see the playlist on the device as I will need to change the order of the playlist live.

Is there an app that can do this?

So far everything I've tried only mirrors the device which is no good.

The closest i got is via the youtube app but this is no good as it has to be without internet.

Any help or advice would be great

Thanks

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 9:31 AM

Wait first you said you want to use AV cables, then you said you want use an app which is it?

3 replies

Mar 11, 2014 10:31 AM in response to cheekyadam

If you want to connect via AV cable then simply purchase the appropriate cable and connect to your monitor directly, there would be no need for an ATV.

Example

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826ZM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter

If you're doing it without an internet connection using an Apple TV then you would be using airplay, which is off the local network. Bear in mind, iTunes purchases will need to ping the server for verification purposes (using the internet).

Playing video on TV from iPhone WITHOUT mirroring so I can still see playlists. Can this be done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.