Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set up iTunes account in 1 country and then use it in another

Hi, I have upgraded my iPad 1 to an iPad 3. I want to set up and send my old iPad 1 to my great auntie (86) in the UK, I am in Spain.

I started setting it all up for her setting the country as uk, creating an Apple ID etc... But when it comes to iTunes, the Spanish shop opens and asks me to set up the Apple ID for iTunes. my question is can I set everything up from here ? download the few apps I think she will want and send her the iPad and she will have no problems, or is she going to have problems as the details will be of a Spanish account, I am probably going to have to give my credit card, and the iPad will loose the apps , or won't let her create a uk account further down the line ?

Thank you, she will not be able to set it up herself so if I cannot set up from here I am going to have to find someone to do it for her over there.

iPad

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 10:44 AM

You can only use the Store in the country where you are resident. Items purchased in store in another country will no longer be accessible for redownloading when you change country but you can keep on using them as long as you have a copy on your computer.

It is not easy to change country and requires a valid billing method with a physical billing address in the other country. There is also a 90 day wait period between country changes. Furthermore, it is against the terms of service for the iTunes Store to even use your own country's store while not in your country, much less use another country's store.

"The iTunes Service is available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance." - http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE (reads the same for pretty much any country).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2014 10:44 AM in response to nadine285

You can only use the Store in the country where you are resident. Items purchased in store in another country will no longer be accessible for redownloading when you change country but you can keep on using them as long as you have a copy on your computer.

It is not easy to change country and requires a valid billing method with a physical billing address in the other country. There is also a 90 day wait period between country changes. Furthermore, it is against the terms of service for the iTunes Store to even use your own country's store while not in your country, much less use another country's store.

"The iTunes Service is available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance." - http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE (reads the same for pretty much any country).

Can I set up iTunes account in 1 country and then use it in another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.