Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what IP address to administer Time Capsule?

When the Time Capsule fails to respond to 192.168.1.1, I seem to recall using 10.1.1.1 to get to an Admin page on an earlier adventure. This isn't working, so can someone please remind me what address I should be using to get to the Admin sceen? Thanks!

Time Capsule 802.11n (3rd Gen), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), w/ user-grade Cisco cable modem

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 11:42 AM

Entering an IP address into your browser will not work to access the settings on the Apple products. You are likely thinking of another product manufacturers product as far as using an IP address to access the administration settings on the device.

Just open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the Time Capsule icon

Click Edit

Click the tab(s) at the top of the page for different settings

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2014 11:42 AM in response to Dale.Lowery

Entering an IP address into your browser will not work to access the settings on the Apple products. You are likely thinking of another product manufacturers product as far as using an IP address to access the administration settings on the device.

Just open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the Time Capsule icon

Click Edit

Click the tab(s) at the top of the page for different settings

what IP address to administer Time Capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.