Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After notified by Apple to update to IOS 7.1 version for my iPad2, I am now getting a black screen. There's a white power cord showing, pointing at the blue iTunes icon. Any suggestions from here?

😕

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 11:07 AM

You will have to connect your iPad to a computer running iTunes and restore the device. Something went wrong in the update and the iPad will not work until it is restored.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Hopefully you made a backup before you started the update.

10 replies

Mar 11, 2014 2:12 PM in response to JBilderbeek

Hmmm did you have the power plugged in when you did the update? The white power cord means it is low on power, if the update was going and it was not plugged in while the update was going....it's possible it ran out of power before the update finished.

If that happened then you would have to charge it enough so the computer recognizes it, if it will since the update didn't finish possibly. You may have to try to do a restore the iTunes on it and then finish the update with it charging.

I don't know if it will work but it's a option to try. Someone may read this and give other options for you, good luck.

After notified by Apple to update to IOS 7.1 version for my iPad2, I am now getting a black screen. There's a white power cord showing, pointing at the blue iTunes icon. Any suggestions from here?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.