Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to resize the page in inches for Keynote?

I have to print a poster. The size I needed is in inches. I tried changing size in Inspector, but it gives me units in points.

I tried some answered queries, but Maverics doent have Internation option in system preference.

In addition, I went to keynote's preference, It let me change the size but that was just for Ruler only.

I need to do by this Wednesday. Please help me out.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Numbers V 3.1(1769)

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 11:22 AM

11 replies

Mar 14, 2014 1:01 PM in response to milan1573

I note you have avoided my last question.

You have posted a grab of a ruler and that's to confirm what exactly?

Is this 56 inch print scaled correctly?

Does a shape drawn in inches on the slide prints to exactly the same size in inches on the print?

What slide size setting are you using?

What printer settings have you made that produces an exact scaling?

Mar 14, 2014 1:19 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Gary,

The answer of the last question that you are talking, is on the post that I have posted.

This 56 inches are scaled **** right on the paper print that I got (remember I am printing this on paper of 42 inch in height not 8.5X11 paper). People have been using Keynote and PowerPoint as a tool to print posters.

The shape drawn in inches on Keynote, matches exaclty with the ruler if you measure manually. I am using slide of 56X42 inches.

And the post is not just a grab of the ruler, its **** actual screen shot from my computer.

Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2014 2:31 PM in response to milan1573

People have been using Keynote and PowerPoint as a tool to print posters.

PowerPoint yes, but this is the first post that has described printing with correct scaling, no one in the last 6 years or so has been able to do this, myself included.

A further write up of your technique would benefit many others, this question is posted regularly.

What printer model is this, are you using a RIP?

And the post is not just a grab of the ruler, its **** actual screen shot from my computer.

A grab is Apples application for making screen shots.

Mar 17, 2014 3:23 AM in response to theminibishop

Best is what tools tools that are available, what the image is and how the end product will be produced.

My best way for miltilayer colour managed images with stills is to compose in Photoshop, save using Profoto RGB to a TIFF and send to the lab. For vector graphics I only use Illustrator.

PowerPoint can produce very acceptable graphics if you are comfortable using it.

How to resize the page in inches for Keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.