Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the colors in Keynote 6.1 globally using the xml presentation file?

Hi ,

When I used keynote 5.3 in the "show package contents" I could find an Index.apxl.gz file. With that XML like file, I changed the color of a scheme globaly by replacing the color that I had with another one. However in new Keynote 6.1 there is no such Index.apxl file. There are a bunch of binary .iwa files that are unreadable and of course of no use to us.

Anyone has solved this problem? Its really bad, and slowing my work down like a lot :/

I wonder what kind of developers thought of this "amazing" change from XML to IWA (whatever that is)....

Anyway thanks a lot!

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 12:06 PM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2014 4:54 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Hello Gary,

I'm having the same problem as mshefiti, and I don't think that using a Custom Theme could be the solution, at least I could not see it.

What we need is the possibility of replacing a specific colour through the all presentation instead of having to go through each single element in each slide that is a lot time consuming. Basically what you can do when you tie a color scheme into the theme colors in PowerPoint.

With the theme, as far as I know, you can have specific color and settings for the titles, the text, the background etc, but not on the single elements you put in the slides, like icons, graphs etc.

May be I'm missing something in the potential of the Custom Theme, or I'm not using it properly, if that's the case can you give a link to a tutorial that explain that ?

Thanks

How to change the colors in Keynote 6.1 globally using the xml presentation file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.