Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many ipod touch back-ups can I have ready if needed? How do I get iTunes to save additional back-ups?

How many ipod touch back-ups can I have ready if needed? How do I get iTunes to save additional back-ups?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 1:18 PM

The only way I know is, after yoa make a backup, move the backup to another location. Keep doing that since iTunes only maintains one backup in the backup location for each device. Each subsequent backup just modifies the previous backup with the changes.

Where are iTunes backups stored on your computer

The folder where your backup data is stored depends on the computer's operating system. Make sure the backup folder is included in your data-backup routine. iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    The "~" represents your Home folder. If you don't see Library in your home folder, hold Option and click the Go menu.
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press Return.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2014 1:18 PM in response to michaela s

The only way I know is, after yoa make a backup, move the backup to another location. Keep doing that since iTunes only maintains one backup in the backup location for each device. Each subsequent backup just modifies the previous backup with the changes.

Where are iTunes backups stored on your computer

The folder where your backup data is stored depends on the computer's operating system. Make sure the backup folder is included in your data-backup routine. iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    The "~" represents your Home folder. If you don't see Library in your home folder, hold Option and click the Go menu.
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press Return.

Mar 12, 2014 11:06 AM in response to lllaass

That sounds logical and THANKS again for the help!!

The last time I wanted to 'restore ipod from back-up', there was only ONE backup available and it was the one that iTumes made of my device when I hooked it up to do the restore ~ so esentially, I'm just getting back the same problems I had when I needed to restore to begin with! I wanted to use an older 'backup' from when things were going OK.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.