Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a Playlist for an iPhone: Why doesn't it work?

I created a playlist for use on my iPhone 5. OS7. The playlist I created contains 1805 songs.

For the SYNC, I selected ONLY the Playlist I created specifically for the my iPhone. I DID NOT SELECT ANYTHING ELSE.

After the SYNC, I have 1958 songs on my iPhone.

QUESTION (1): Why did more songs transfer to my iPhone than I included in my playlist?

---------------------------

When I look at the 'so called' Playlist on my iPhone, I see 153 songs with clouds by them.

• NOTE: I didn't count them, just subtacting the songs I wanted in my Playlist.

OK, I can live with songs in my iPhone having a cloud by them.

BUT, When I play the songs on my iPhone, the songs 'with the cloud by them' play as if they were included in the Playlist I created specifically for my iPhone.

QUESTION (2): Why do the songs with clouds by them play if I did not include them in my Playlist?

When I look at the iPhone "Device" in iTunes after SYNCing, it shows I have 1810 songs, not the 1805 in my Playlist. Not a biggy. Just a few questions.

• NOTE: It does not show the 1958 songs actually on the iPhone.

QUESTION (3): Which 5 songs transferred to my iPhone that I did not want?

QUESTION (4): Are these 5 additional songs a subset of the songs with the cloud by them?

or

QUESTION (5): Are these additional songs being transferred, songs that I did not include on my Playlist but without clouds by them?

QUESTION (6): How can I create a Playlist that, when SYNCed to my iPhone, only has the songs I put in my Playlist?

--------------------------

I also have an iPod for which I have created a specific Playlist. I haven't updated the iPod for awhile. I've just purchased several albums I'd like to add to my iPod. I just created a new Playlist for my iPod, eliminating a lot of songs I no longer want. I'll be updating the iPod in a day or so.

QUESTION (7): Does this 'Feature' of adding songs not included in a specific playlist only apply to my iPhone? or

QUESTION (8): When I SYNC my new Playlist to my iPod, will I end up with a lot of songs I don't want?

Mac 733, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 1:13 PM

3 replies

Sep 22, 2015 1:11 PM in response to AuCountry

First, I realize the purpose in recreating iTunes to sell Apple's new Apple Music. So, it makes sense that iTunes would be geared toward that end.

However. I have no interest in Apple Music. I like owning my music. I have no need for Radio, Connect, New, For You.

I would like to customize the buttons back to the old iTunes. I would like to have buttons on the bottom that just say, "Albums, Artists, Songs." I realize I can scroll all the way back to the top and select those; it's just that it's clumbsy and wreaks of Windows.

Question: Can I customize this iTunes to fit my needs?

And, another thing: occasionally I get a black background and white lettering. When I do, I can't get back to the window with the alphabet along the right side so I can go directly to a song. After pushing, at random, the 10 or so buttons on the screen, I'll stumble onto the page that lets me find a song.

And, another thing: I wanted to just play songs from one particular artist. On the old iTunes, I could hit artist, find the one I wanted, and play all the songs. On the new iTunes, it took a little searching and trial and error to get it to play more than one album by that artist. If I had wanted to play one album, I'd have selected that album.

And, another thing: I was listening to my songs set to select at random. During one of the songs, I opened iTunes, scrolled to a song I wanted to hear, and selected it. After it played, iTunes started repeating the songs I'd just listened to prior to selecting a new song. When it got to where I'd interrupted the sequence previously pre-determined by iTunes, it just played the next one in the loop.

Question: Is there a way to get iTunes to play ALL of the songs before it repeats?

Creating a Playlist for an iPhone: Why doesn't it work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.