Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture not uploading full size photos to flickr.

iPhoto and Aperture are not uploading my full size photos to flickr.

For example, I have a photo that is 2.81 MB. I then upload it to flickr and I am careful to make sure that "Original Size" is selected.

However, the file uploaded to flickr is only 2.45 MB.

I get the same result whether I use iPhoto or Aperture to upload.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 4:30 PM

'Size" in Aperture and iPhoto refers to the dimensions of the Photo - the length x breadth measured in pixels.

9 replies

Mar 12, 2014 6:58 AM in response to Yer_Man

I am primarily using flickr for viewing on the web so It should work fine for that purpose. I was also hoping to use it as a way to backup my photos but I guess I'll have to look in to other means.

Thank you for the help! I am fairly new to this stuff so I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Mar 12, 2014 7:40 AM in response to Yer_Man

I am using their app to automatically upload new photos like Apple's Photostream. I also tried out the share feature in iPhoto and Aperture which caused the issue in my OP. I like how easy it is though.

I think I might just start exporting the images I want to share from iPhoto or Aperture and uploading them to flickr via the web.

Aperture not uploading full size photos to flickr.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.