Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP ultimo 2011 won't start. "Grey screen" and no safe mode becuase of blue screen

I know there has been alot of these problems, but I couldn't seem to find others who were unable to boot in safe mode.

And I can't start in safe mode. This gives me a blue screen. I can't start in recovery mode, because it also gives me a blue screen. Vram reset, SMC reset.

Tried cmd + v, tried starting up in singlerun to use fsck.

I used the hardware testing "AHT", and it said that nothing was wrong with my hardware.

At this point I'm kinda ready to give up.. Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong? I'm afraid that its the graphics card.

It started doing this earlier today, when I briefly launched diablo 3 on my MBP. Suddenly the gfx went crazy, and I closed the application. Everything seemed normal. To be sure that nothing was wrong, I rebooted the computer, and it hasn't been able to boot ever since.

I should also mention that I installed 16gb "mac memory" ram last summer. Other than that, it's stock.

Hope somebody can help me!

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 3:09 PM

There are no replies.

MBP ultimo 2011 won't start. "Grey screen" and no safe mode becuase of blue screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.