Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i installed Mavericks 10.9.2 how can I uninstall it

Please can you help I installed OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 without realising it wouldn't let some of my other programmes work. I need to uninstall it and return to the last operating system I had but I can't remember which that was

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 2:50 PM

2 replies

Mar 11, 2014 3:48 PM in response to dnstreet

It is possible to go back to your older version of OS X but to do so you need either a Time Machine backup or a clone of that other version and or you have to erase the complete drive and reinstall the older version along with all the programs you now have installed.

Easy, No but very possible to do.

What is the model year of your Mac? To find out what was the last versionof OS X you had installed go to the Mac App Store and to your Purchases area. If you bought either Lion or Mt Lion it will be in that section. If neither are in there then your Mac either came with Lion or Snow leopard. If Snow Leopard then your Mac came with DVD discs when it was new.

Really need the model year to help you figure this out.

i installed Mavericks 10.9.2 how can I uninstall it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.