Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot password to Pages document

I set a password on a document. It wasn't very imporant but now it is. I forgot the password and gave myself the password hint: meursault david guetta. If any of you can guess the password that would be great. Some context, it was 3 AM on New Year's Day outside on my balcony in the South of France and I just recently read the book the Stranger, originally written by a French author then translated. The character's name is Meursault. David Guetta is a French DJ who I don't particularly listen to. I didn't save the password in my iCloud Keychain or any keychain. The fact of the matter is that I'm insanely good at setting passwords and terrible at remembering them.

The main question is: Is there any app or program I can download to crack it? I found a program but it turned out to only work on Windows.

Please, help needed urgently!

Thank you,

Sal

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 5:13 PM

There is a russian program that claims to crack Pages passwords (search on those terms).

Not cheapm and it works by brute force ie keeps trying all possibilities.

I suggest you don't password protect your documents, especially if you come on the Internet with the hint and invite others to guess.

Peter

1 reply

Forgot password to Pages document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.