Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major issues with Boot Camp

I got late 2009 imac 20" and I have been trying to put Windows 8.1 pro on it so that I can use it for my business. When I went to back up the latest version of support to a usb drive it kept saying that the software server is not available. I have looked up a lot of information and it seems that my computer has the right specs to have windows 8.1 on it. I have even updated boot camp support to 5.1. I am not sure what the issue could be on why it will not let me even download to my usb drive. Now when I try to open boot camp all it says is that it suddenly quit and will not let me open the program at all. I dont know what the problem is but I need help.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 4:56 PM

1 reply

Mar 12, 2014 11:09 AM in response to CorymChris

I believe that I have the same problem, I am atempting to set up Bootcamp on a 2010 27" iMac running OS X Version 10.9.2. I run Bootcamp Assistant and point it at a USB drive as installation location for the support software - it appears to start downloading, but after approximately 5 seconds it stops and throws the following message: "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server."

How strange!

Major issues with Boot Camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.