Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod sound changed to a tinny sound, any suggestions on what caused this and what can be done?

My iPod sound suddenly changed from normal to a tinny sound. any suggestions on what May have caused this and how can it be rectified?

iPod nano, iOS 4, Model A1320

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 9:07 PM

Make sure the headphone plug is fully inserted into the iPod's headphones jack.

Also, try a different set of headphones. It's possible that your usual headphones have become faulty.

The iPod has "equalizer" settings, so make sure it did not get set to something that makes it sound "tinny." The setting is on the iPod's Settings screen; it may be under Playback.

If that's not it, you can try doing a Restore on the iPod, in case the cause is corrupted software or settings. The Restore button is on the iPod's Summary screen in iTunes. This will erase the iPod, reinstall its software, and set it to default settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2014 9:07 PM in response to Mamakela

Make sure the headphone plug is fully inserted into the iPod's headphones jack.

Also, try a different set of headphones. It's possible that your usual headphones have become faulty.

The iPod has "equalizer" settings, so make sure it did not get set to something that makes it sound "tinny." The setting is on the iPod's Settings screen; it may be under Playback.

If that's not it, you can try doing a Restore on the iPod, in case the cause is corrupted software or settings. The Restore button is on the iPod's Summary screen in iTunes. This will erase the iPod, reinstall its software, and set it to default settings.

My iPod sound changed to a tinny sound, any suggestions on what caused this and what can be done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.