Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an issue about the carder reader performance with 2013 Mac Pro ..

I received my Mac pro as a quarterly bonus last week and prepared to export files pic. Jpg. etc through the camera connector. It has nothing popped. The instructions state that the photo app shoud open upon insertion of the SD card reader. I tried with the only card readerI have which I experience a superior feeling when used with my notebook and old Samsung pad.

With the reader plugged I inserted a Sandisk 32 GB SDHC card which is supposed to be compatible. When I put the sd card in the Air, it gave me a usb device not supported message. Is it possible the only compatible issue with Mac or some special clause ?

Seen from the pictures, at least I imagine my Pro has the same capability to hold up the use of this card reader like other cheaper devices.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 12:46 AM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2014 10:42 AM in response to Museapple

I am sorry to hear that you are having card reader problems. You could try updating your MacBook pro to 10.7

Apparently, the hub you have is USB 3.0. there should be a USB 3.0 port on your Macbook Pro, but if not, USB 3 is backwards compatible. According to Unitek's website, your card reader is compatible with 10.6 and up. You may wish to make sure the power adapter for this is plugged in before connecting it to your Macbook Pro. I have never heard of a card reader being used on the Mac where the photo app opens after the SD card is inserted into the SD card reader. Usually that would imply that some kind of Mac software/driver has been preinstalled, so that the photo app would associate the connection and insertion of the SD card with some kind of activity and open up. I can find no such drivers/software for this card reader/ USB hub. Maybe it's like that on Windows, but on Mac I don't know. Usually you plug in the usb card reader, then insert the card, which shows up on the Desktop as a removable drive of some kind, then you open up your photo app, and you export your files to the sd card. If your Macbook Pro doesn't have a USB 3 socket that you can find, then use USB 2. I don't know exactly what model of MacBook pro you have, so I can't tell for sure if you have a USB 3 socket or a USB 2 socket. You might have a bad usb card reader. I don't know that either. It says it supports SDXC. What the difference between SDXC and SDHC is, I don't know. As for actual compatibility, it's iffy. Some websites don't mention Mac, some say Mac OS X and Windows.

hopefully some of what I have written here will help you.

JB

I have an issue about the carder reader performance with 2013 Mac Pro ..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.