Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text tone/Ringtone acting weird...

ok well lets start from the beguining... I got an mp3 file and made it into a ringtone, uploaded it and it worked and it sounded awesome (i made an r2d2 sound effect)... i got my mum and friends to msg me over iMessage to test it worked, however... its now been 3 days or so and all of a sudden it dosnt work. when i recieve a msg, the phone lights up and i see it on the screen but no sound. i tryed looking at silent and "Do no disturb" but both were disabled. i tested it with one of the default ringtones and it worked perfectly. So i though maybe its todo with the custom ones. so i tried one of the other one i had made for my friend and installed it just to show her what it would look like, and that worked perfectly... so to rape up, only this one dosn't work, it appears in the sounds menu and when i click on it to change the iMessage tone to it, it plays, but NOT when im ringed, it works on itunes and i even tried reinstalling the tone. i know this is long but of anyone can help please.

im using an iPhone 4s

i think a couple years old or something (not sure since my dad gave me his old one)

UN-jailbroken

synced to itunes 3.11.5(i think thats the latest version number) a couple of days a go.

im 17

PS im sorry if some of the writing is spelt incorrectly, i tried ^_^

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1, Ringtone / Text tone

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 1:14 AM

There are no replies.

Text tone/Ringtone acting weird...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.