Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage

I hope you can help.

i have an iPhone 5s and an iPad air with wi fi.

Until a couple of months ago, my wife had an iPhone too, which were both registered at Apple as being mine.

She now uses an Android phone with the same number.

For some reason, I can send her a text message from my iPhone but the iPad insists on trying to send her an iMessage.

I have deleted and re entered her as a contact.

I have changed her phone number from "iPhone" to "Mobile" on her contact details.

I have reset my iPad.

I have deregistered her phone on Apple website.

I have read loads of forum suggestions and nothing seems to work.

The iPhone is no longer in our possession. To turn off iMessage on there.

Apple should have sorted this longstanding issue by now!

Help please, bewildered and frustrated!

iPad 3G, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 12:55 AM

5 replies

imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.