2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 3:18 AM by alex hall
alex hall Level 1 Level 1 (100 points)

My new iMac was working finr this morning. Then when I tried to link it to my MacBook Pro to migrate some files to the new iMac, I noticed an alert top right corner on the iMac telling me the USB link did not have enough power, when I disengaged the USB link, the fan in th eiMac went into overdrive and the screen went blank. I shut down at source and now I can't wake it up. Can anyone advise me what to do?

thanks and regards

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), LogiSpectrasonics, NI, IK, stuff...
  • Baby Boomer (USofA) Level 9 Level 9 (56,785 points)

Please read the warranty paperwork that came w/your computer.

You have 14 days to return the computer w/no questions asked.

You have 90 days of FREE phone tech support on top of your standard 1 year warranty unless you also purchased AppleCare which gives you an additional 2 years of coverage plus FREE phone support.

Strongly suggest that you take FULL advantage of the above before it runs out.  Let Apple deal w/the problems.

If you DIY and mess up, your warranty will be VOIDED!

AD Siggy.gif

• alex hall Level 1 Level 1 (100 points)

Thanks BB, although it is 6m old and sadly out of the 90 day deal it is essentialy new as I have been overseas and not used it, so I would not be expecting a part failure, Apple quality is generally good that way. I was hoping someone might have had similar issue and there might be a quick fix, but probably I will have to hump it along to the neatrest apple repair centre.