Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! My iMac wont start

My new iMac was working finr this morning. Then when I tried to link it to my MacBook Pro to migrate some files to the new iMac, I noticed an alert top right corner on the iMac telling me the USB link did not have enough power, when I disengaged the USB link, the fan in th eiMac went into overdrive and the screen went blank. I shut down at source and now I can't wake it up. Can anyone advise me what to do?

thanks and regards

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), LogiSpectrasonics, NI, IK, stuff...

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 2:34 AM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2014 2:48 AM in response to alex hall

Please read the warranty paperwork that came w/your computer.

You have 14 days to return the computer w/no questions asked.

You have 90 days of FREE phone tech support on top of your standard 1 year warranty unless you also purchased AppleCare which gives you an additional 2 years of coverage plus FREE phone support.

Strongly suggest that you take FULL advantage of the above before it runs out. Let Apple deal w/the problems.

If you DIY and mess up, your warranty will be VOIDED!

User uploaded file

Mar 12, 2014 3:18 AM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

Thanks BB, although it is 6m old and sadly out of the 90 day deal it is essentialy new as I have been overseas and not used it, so I would not be expecting a part failure, Apple quality is generally good that way. I was hoping someone might have had similar issue and there might be a quick fix, but probably I will have to hump it along to the neatrest apple repair centre.

Help! My iMac wont start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.