📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Troubleshooting with iOS 7.1

Hello,

I just updated my iPhone 4S from iOS 7.0.6 to 7.1 and so did my mother with hers. The problem might seem minor but it keeps bugging me from the moment I realised it. The design differs from the two of them. The one works fine as it should but the other one seems to have lost everything that has to do with its transparency.

The first thing that made me see it was the Static Bar on the Home Menu. In previous versions of iOS 7 family, it was slightly transparent and you could see some colours from behind and the letters were white. Now, it's only Grey with Black letters.

Then, I saw my folders and the same thing occured. And I can't forget the "Mini Menu" (seems I can't remember the rightful name) that again lost its Transparency theme.
Lastly, I have a problem with getting a notification when a new mail arrives. Nowhere to be found even though on the menu its on to be seen on the Lock screen and the Notification Center and with an alert style on Banners. That has occured to me again with oldest versions of iOS and most of the time was fixed with a new update but now, the problem still stands.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

On the left is a screenshot of my mother's iPhone 4S with iOS 7.1 and on the right is mine. User uploaded file

I hope that this will get fixed somehow. Even with some Update or someone's help that experiences the same problem(s).
I tried restarting it but nothing happened.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1, Problem with the design and Emails

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 4:10 AM

13 replies

Mar 12, 2014 5:56 AM in response to Ayalina

You're welcome.

Make sure Do Not Disturb is not enabled:
Settings > Do Not Disturb > Manual - off / Scheduled - off

Also be sure that your emails are being pushed and not set to manual fetch:
Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Select the account > set to push or fetch

If you set to fetch adjust your fetch settings:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > set to anything but manual

Troubleshooting with iOS 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.