Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pasted my entire music folder, including itunes and itunes media into my skydrive foler which has now backed them all up in the cloud. Now when I open my itunes client, it can't see my music. What do I do now?

I've recently bought a new computer with windows 8.1 and copied all my files across from my old PC, including all my music. I signed up for Skydrive (now Onedrive) and in order to back up my music, I cut and pasted my entire music folder into the Skydrive folder of my PC. All the music has now backed up to the cloud and I've made it available online and offline. Problem is, when I came to open itunes, it couldn't find my music. I've changed the location of my music folder by going to advanced preferences and specifying the itunes media folder in my skydrive folder and still no sign of my music in itunes. I'm in a mess. Please help

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 8

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 4:59 AM

5 replies

Mar 12, 2014 11:56 AM in response to mackenziesboy

Yes, provided all the media is inside the iTunes Media folder, which is in turn inside the main iTunes folder (which is the standard arrangement) you should be able to move the iTunes folder from <User's Music> to any other path and shift-start-Tunes (option-start-iTunes on a Mac) to reconnect to it.

If the media folder has split out to another drive in the past, or media is stored outside of the iTunes Media folder, then things get a bit more complicated. I can go into details should it be necessary.

tt2

I pasted my entire music folder, including itunes and itunes media into my skydrive foler which has now backed them all up in the cloud. Now when I open my itunes client, it can't see my music. What do I do now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.