Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina 13" - Battery Issues after one week!

Specs of Unit

MacBook Pro retina 13" - bought literally one week ago

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris 1024 MB

OS X Version 10.9.2

Problem - Okay so the estimated battery life of these babies are 9 hours approx.

After a full charge I am getting an EST. time of about 4.30-5 hours battery life, bare in mind this is with NO programs running and NO background tasks sneakily rinsing the battery.

Yes, I have tried reseting the system management.

Yes, I have tried safe mode.

Please help me, is the battery faulty and should I really go to mac store??

Or is this a software issue?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 5:57 AM

Does switching off Wifi make a difference?

In UK and USA (and quite a few other places) you have 14 days from purchase to get a refund or replacement - no questions asked. If there is nothing running then this does sound to be depleting rather fast. My late 2013 13" MBP retina gives me about 10 hours using Pages (several documents open) and e-mail only.

Get a replacement and see if you get the same problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2014 5:57 AM in response to Rhodri Thomas

Does switching off Wifi make a difference?

In UK and USA (and quite a few other places) you have 14 days from purchase to get a refund or replacement - no questions asked. If there is nothing running then this does sound to be depleting rather fast. My late 2013 13" MBP retina gives me about 10 hours using Pages (several documents open) and e-mail only.

Get a replacement and see if you get the same problem.

MacBook Pro Retina 13" - Battery Issues after one week!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.