Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to "Slide to Unlock" or "Slide to Power Off"

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 5:43 AM

Are you saying the touch screen is not responding?

Reset: Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and don’t let go until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo appears (no data will be lost)

10 replies

Apr 21, 2014 2:56 PM in response to Cristy12958

Are you saying the reset didn't help or you were unable to get it reset properly?

The next step would be to backup and connect to iTunes on your computer to restore iOS.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

Try restoring from your backup first. If that does not work, it is possible the problem exists in the backup. Try restoring again as a new device.

If the restore does not help you will need to make a Genius Bar appointment or contact Apple for repair.

May 22, 2014 4:31 PM in response to viswanathanfromkmu

Thanks again! This Apple community is simply stunning. Once again, I've been able to find a solution to an usual problem with my iPad - Generation 1.

We've been Apple and Mac supporters and users since the mid 80's - We ever were one of the unfortunate who purchased Newton.

Thanks again. Until I read this fix, I was thinking I would have to purchase a new iPad.

Take care

Sep 25, 2014 6:56 AM in response to Star43

Are you saying that after you reset the screen still isn't responding?

Are you sure you did it correctly?

Reset: Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and don’t let go until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo appears (no data will be lost)

If so, then it seems to be a hardware issue. You will need to make a Genius Bar appointment or contact Apple for repair.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.