Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touchscreen jumpy since ios 7.1 upgrade

Ever since upgrading to ios 7.1 yesterday my touchscreen is jumpy. Swiping is inconsistent and sometimes the screen jumps around when I touch it. In case this isn't a coincidence, is there something I can try to modify to make it better?

iPhone, None

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 8:46 AM

I am having this problem to. Mine is so jumpy it has made the phone unusable.

40 replies

Mar 14, 2014 1:47 AM in response to kelly7278

me to ive got an iphone 5 64gb black and my keyboard is also unresponsive ive gont to apple and they wont replace it free of charge because its out of warenty even though its there software and there fault that my phone has turned into a brick the ways you can resolve this it to take out a legal clame with your point of sales rep eg vodaphone but ive tried dfu mode and recovery mode and they dont work ive also trying to find a down grade to ios7 which was working fine to bypas the apple verifacation and it dosent work.

Mar 14, 2014 5:51 AM in response to kelly7278

the same problem again , before every IOS release i said finally Apple fixed it but , this is not right i just found the worst , i have iphone 5 - 16 GB Currently Use IOS7.1 "the last Update" i cant imagine that i have iphone 5 and cant swap to answer my phone calls its the simplist operation for any cell phone

finally what i need to say ill have to wait for the next IOS or think for agood Andriod .

thanks Apple inc

iphone User

Mar 16, 2014 4:01 AM in response to kelly7278

Same problem here:

Since upgrading to the new ios 7.1 on my iphone 5 via itunes my Tochscreen/Digitizer sometimes does whatever it wants. The scrolling is jumpy und laggy and sometimes it feels like somebodys tapping in my screen while in use. Like ten fingertips in 1 second. I've already restarted it a few times and did two softresets by pressing and holding home and sleep/wake button.

Any idea? Or just a bug?

Greetings from Hamburg

Mar 16, 2014 4:41 AM in response to kelly7278

I experienced this problem a few minutes ago and found this post. Then I remembered I wasn't having it until now. After I unplugged the phone from the wall charger it automatically fixed itself. I didn't have this problem with my OTO charger, but with this 3rd party charger.

Since the touch screen is based on a capacitor that measures the electrical input when it comes into contact with our skin, I assumed that the charger caused an improper electrical reading. This may be because of the 3rd party charger is improperly calivrated or the capacitor is having a soft surge due to the charging process.

Can anyone verify the problem that I experienced? Does this happen to all while charging or at random times, too?

Mar 19, 2014 3:13 PM in response to StooksG

First i couldnt imagine that this really could be the reason. But then i realized, that i did use a 3rd party cable while visiting a friend for a weekend, cuz i forgot my mine at home.

The problem disappeared after i returned back home and charging via original apple charger.

Thx for your help guys.

Greetings from Germany.

Yannick

Mar 20, 2014 2:17 AM in response to kelly7278

Same problem here on an iPhone 5 16GB. Every single swipe or pinch geasture leads to random movement and clicks all over the place without me touching it. It doesn't matter wether its plugged in or not.

Locking and unlocking the phone makes it usable again ... at least for the two seconds it takes to do the next geasture.

Has anyone called apple about it yet?

Touchscreen jumpy since ios 7.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.