Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Master - Version ORDER

Before Maverick, any versions I created appeared to the RIGHT of the 'Master'. Now, they are to the left of the 'Master'? Can I switch this back? Any reason why "version 2 on the left would be preferred?"

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 7:03 AM

5 replies

Mar 12, 2014 9:15 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Thanks for the suggestion. Ascending/descending reordered all the images in the folder but not the master/version order of one image.

My older images still are left>right/master>version. I'm not 100% sure this switch happened with Maverick upgrade, but I think so. I'll keep experimenting, but need to move on for the afternoon. Thanks.

Mar 12, 2014 9:50 AM in response to eastcoastfocus

It works as it always has for me, 10.9.2, 3.5.1

If the order is ascending then the new version appears to the right of the version I have selected, if set to descending it appears to the left. (the normal default)

Where any image falls in the browser depends on the settings of the sort order for the browser. There has been no change in Mavericks or Aperture.

Perhaps I'm not understanding your situation.

Also your use of the term master here is confusing and unless you have pressed the M key wrong. You never see the original image you are always seeing a version of the original. As soon as Aperture imports a file it creates a version for display, version 0 if you will

Mar 14, 2014 3:13 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Well, it seems that what Aperture formerly called a "master" is now called the "original". I have had my question answered, and the explanation is found under 'stacks'.

When one processes an original, the new version that is made used to show to the right of the original, but now shows to the left of the original. I was told this was changed so that when one stacks the versions, the processed will be on the TOP of the stack, not the original.

Thank you for addressing my question.

Master - Version ORDER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.