Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone still having Safari and other unresolved bugs in iOS 7.1?

Anyone still having Safari and other unresolved bugs in iOS 7.1? I can't believe how awful iOS 7 has been. Now with 7.1 the same crap is still going on. This is iOS 7.1 on an iPad 4.

-----------Safari Unresolved Bugs ----------

Tabs still reloading when a few tabs are open and you go back to one.

Safari often does not remember where in a page you were when you go back to a page. This one is especially inexcusable. It makes browsing painful, and almost unusable.

Swipe left to go forward still doesn't work. You have to carefully place your finger at the edge of the window and then slowly swipe left. Why put the feature in there if it doesn't work? How can they get the swipe to right to go back to work but not forward?

-----------Other Unresolved Bugs------------

AirPlay to Apple TV often takes 20 seconds to even start loading through the Apple TV, both audio and video. Turning off and on the wifi on the iPad temporarily resolves the issue. After that audio and video starts loading almost immediately. Come back later in the day or the next day, the same crap starts all over again.

-------------New Bugs------------

Reduce motion setting now causes a 1 second plus delay when four finger swiping to multitask. Specifically, the running apps take that long to show up on the screen and that long after you select one to go to it. The only way to get it to work quickly, or like before, is to not use that setting, but then you are stuck wasting 1 second plus every time you go to the home screen making using the iPad a slower experience.

Wallpaper from previous properly sized iPad Retina wallpaper (2048x2048) you have in your Photo app does not format correctly. The landscape view will almost always be zoomed in. This doesn't happen with Apple's builtin wallpapers. Repeated attempts to make sure you are zoomed all the way out in the portrait mode when setting the wallpaper will sometimes get it to work right.

When restarting the iPad sometimes the **** thing gets stuck in portrait view even though I always have it locked to landscape view. I have to unlock it and rotate it to landscape view and then lock it again.

Remote app is often having to reconnect to the Apple TV when I am listening to my music when I am multitasking, when browsing for example. So if I am browsing, and I go back to the remote app it will likely take about five seconds to reconnect to the iPad and it also forgets where your were, the album or location in album view, for example.

Going into Settings now often takes almost twice as long.

----------------------------

Those are the ones I have noticed so far in the past day. I wish I had never upgraded to iOS 7. This may be my last iPad. Many of the iPad's issues are due to Apple continuing to be extremely cheap when it comes to installing enough RAM. The competition now has up to 3GB of RAM while Apple continues to be cheap with just 1GB. It's a freakin joke. Nearly all Safari crashes, for example, are due to low memory (RAM). Couple that with the worst I have ever seen Apple be, or any company for that matter, when it comes to writing software and addressing bugs, and I can't see myself buying another iPad under such conditions. I can't believe quality control has become this bad so quickly after Steve Jobs passing away. Ive's, for example, is unbelievably incompetent when it comes to software design.

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 7:38 AM

3 replies

Anyone still having Safari and other unresolved bugs in iOS 7.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.